1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
3. 1 (12 ounce) package chicken sausage, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
4. 1 medium onion, finely chopped
5. 2 cloves garlic, minced
6. 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
7. 1/4 teaspoon paprika
8. 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
9. 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
10. 2 (14.5 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
11. Coarse salt and ground pepper
12. 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
((I dont see any saffron! Damn you martha!))
1. In a heavy 12-inch saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until just pink on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes (do not overcook). Transfer to a plate.
2. Add remaining tablespoon oil and sausage to pan; cook over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and rice; cook, stirring to coat, until rice is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Stir in paprika, turmeric, tomatoes, and broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed almost all liquid, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in peas; cook 1 minute. Stir in cooked shrimp; serve immediately.